Del dette job
GUBI is an innovative design company that offers a versatile selection of luxury furniture, lighting, and interior objects for both residential and professional spaces. We have a strong global brand position with head office and showroom in Copenhagen, Denmark – and we are currently looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic ESG Intern to join our team at GUBI.
About the position:
As an ESG Intern, you will support our team in driving sustainability initiatives, calculating CO2 emission of our products and ensuring compliance with ESG regulations and standards from strategic markets. In this role you will report to the ESG Coordinator and Head of Product and Development and will work closely with the product development team and other relevant stakeholders.
- Calculate CO2 emission equivalent of GUBI’s products.
- Assist in the development and implementation of ESG strategies and initiatives.
- Conduct research on sustainability topics, including circular economy, responsible sourcing, and sustainable materials.
- Support ESG reporting and data analysis.
- Monitor ESG legislation and policy developments in the European Union and other focus markets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the products and their life cycle.
- Participate in ESG-related projects and initiatives.
- Contacting Suppliers and assisting in the certification processes.
You are passionate about sustainability within the furniture industry and are eager to learn more. You can conduct research and stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in sustainable product design and manufacturing. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively present findings, recommendations, and progress reports to internal teams and stakeholders, including the ability to communicate complex environmental concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a degree in sustainability, environmental science, product development, or related field.
- Familiarity with ESG frameworks and standards, such as SBTi, CSRD, UN Global Compact or TCFD.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Passion for sustainability and a strong desire to make a positive impact.
- Familiarity with ReCiPe2016, Product Environmental Footprint or other LCIA, is a plus.
- Understanding of sustainability concepts and principles, including circular economy, responsible sourcing, and sustainable materials
- Knowledge of environmental certifications such as GreenGuard, Eco Label, FSC®, Declare Label, OEKO Tex
- Basic understanding of the furniture industry and its sustainability challenges and opportunities
- Familiarity with ESG legislation and regulations in the European Union, including the European Green Deal, is a plus